POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Math question for CSG : Math question for CSG Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:16:47 EDT (-0400)
  Math question for CSG
From: CreeD
Date: 11 May 2001 22:43:07
Message: <01c0da8d$feaa6e40$5e6dded1@mk>
Hi,
 I see that POV has a basic triangle built in shape, but I'm looking to do
some CSG involving a large triangular shape.  What I'm eventually looking
for is a prism on the xz plane with 6 points.  It's shaped like an
equilateral triangle with the 3 points clipped off.  In other words, viewed
from above it's a hexagon with 3 long sides and 3 short ones.  The short
sides should equal exactly 1/3rd of the long ones.  Can someone give me the
gist of how to come up with some exact coordinates for such a shape (or,
ideally, post the code?)