POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : (anims) how to evaluate position of camera at a point in time? : (anims) how to evaluate position of camera at a point in time? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:29:53 EDT (-0400)
  (anims) how to evaluate position of camera at a point in time?
From: CreeD
Date: 12 Jul 2000 19:05:30
Message: <01bfec56$70b4c160$a213a1d0@mk>
1. I know how to get a circular camera path in an animation, and a partial
circle.  What's the math to make the camera move in a smooth arc from one
point to another? Is there a way to declare it so that I can define the
flatness of the arc and its length and direction by changing a few figures?

2. Is there a way in a multistage animation for me to figure out where the
camera is exactly at some point during the clock's rundown and then have
POV fill that in to
a second statement?  Let me be clearer.
I want something like this:
The ini has the clock running from 0 to 2

#if (clock >=1)
camera
location blah
direction <0,0,1>
translate blah*clock

#else //pov figures out stage 2 has begun
camera (POV evaluates  camera's exact position after the clock hits 1.0)
location (POV fills that position in here)

Obviously I could do the math by hand, but I'm not going to do an animation
with just one or two stages, and I was wondering if POV could determine the
camera's location on a circular path at some odd point like clock = 1.35
(which is math I'm too lazy to do by hand).