POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Fast volume rendering Server Time
25 Oct 2024 19:52:45 EDT (-0400)
  Fast volume rendering (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: yesbird
Subject: Fast volume rendering
Date: 23 Sep 2024 09:26:27
Message: <66f16c83$1@news.povray.org>
Hi all !

I am working on web GUI to Povray for volume visualization
applications, using 'media' and 'df3' format. The main idea is providing
the user with some fast WebGL-based gizmos (bounding box, grid,light
version of volume data) for fast camera positioning like here:
https://threejs.org/examples/?q=volume#webgl_volume_perlin

and then making server-side high-quality rendering like here:
https://povlab.online/?scene=dicom.pov

Can anyone suggest how to make volume rendering faster, but without
losing a quality ?

Thanks in advance.
--
YB