POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Optimized curves : Re: Optimized curves Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:30:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Optimized curves
From: Peter Popov
Date: 22 Dec 1999 17:18:03
Message: <+ExhOFEDFyM3FejoAuJk+atxdb+m@4ax.com>
On Wed, 22 Dec 1999 20:27:07 +0100, "Rune" <run### [at] inamecom>
wrote:

>I'm trying to figure out a way to optimize curves.
>A curve of spheres positioned by a spline formula will be more bended some
>places than others and the distance between the spheres won't be the same.
>
>I need the spheres to be positioned so that there's a specified distance
>between them and so that the bending is also evenly distributed.

Some time Chris Colefax mentioned this problem as being on his to-do
list. I don't know if he has made a macro with such functionality
publicly available, but he would probably be the right guy to ask for
help in this quest.

He he he™, you got the ball now, Chris :)

Peter Popov
pet### [at] usanet
ICQ: 15002700