POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Vista and POV-Ray Server Time
2 May 2024 15:25:41 EDT (-0400)
  Vista and POV-Ray (Message 1 to 10 of 29)
From: Carl
Subject: Vista and POV-Ray
Date: 18 Apr 2007 07:35:01
Message: <web.462601924b1ad72e11d42ae90@news.povray.org>
I posted these 2 questions in the new user area and I just spotted this
windows area.  I think these questions belong here.

  Ok... My old PC died a few weeks ago and I'm now up and running with Vista
on a Core 2 Duo.  I had read that was the best processor for POV-Ray.
Anyways... I'm still getting stuff up and running and just hit my first
POV-Ray issue.  I was about to start work on a short animation and to that
end I wanted to edit the resolution INI file.  I click on tools, then click
on Edit resolution INI file, and up comes Notepad.  I make a few changes as
normal and try to save the changes and all I get is a cannot create the
file error message.  It simply says "Make sure that the path and file name
are correct."  They are and I'm pretty sure this in a Windows Vista issue
with all its new security.  I've now tried opening the file with several
other editor's and I've even now tried to edit the file in DOS mode all
with no luck.

I'm sure there has to be a simple solution to this but for the life of me I
can't figure it out at the moment.

  Ok... now I'm really pulling my hair out.  I just tried to get around the
INI file problem by putting in all the setting on the commend line.
POV-Ray works fine when I pick one of the options from the INI file and
don't use any command line options.  However, I'm now trying to get this
command line to work:

+H800 +W800 +FN +A -J +KFI1 +KFF36 +KI0 +KF1 +KC

And every time I click the run button I get a POV-Ray not responding
message.

Help,
Carl

Post a reply to this message