POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Vista and POV-Ray : Re: Vista and POV-Ray Server Time
17 May 2024 06:06:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vista and POV-Ray
From: Carl
Date: 18 Apr 2007 20:55:01
Message: <web.4626bd62892b73203602b4a50@news.povray.org>
Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> In that case, you may try installing to a custom location instead of the default
> one. I don't know if it will make any change, but worth a try.

Well I haven't resorted to re-installing POV-Ray yet but I am making some
headway.  If I open notepad by right clicking and selecting "run as
administrator" I can edit and save the INI file.  However I still can't
make an animation.  If I select one of the normal options POV-Ray runs and
does make an image.  Like this:

http://www.wwwmwww.com/images/VistaError3.png

As soon as I select the animation option I entered I just get this:

http://www.wwwmwww.com/images/VistaError4.png

The INI file contains what you see commented out in the sky.pov file.  I've
even now right clicked on POV-Ray itself and ran it as an administrator but
it makes no difference.

Arg...

Any other ideas,
Carl