POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Vista and POV-Ray : Re: Vista and POV-Ray Server Time
17 May 2024 05:07:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vista and POV-Ray
From: Darren New
Date: 18 Apr 2007 22:23:25
Message: <4626d29d@news.povray.org>
Carl wrote:
> Is that the same path that the program executable is in?

You shouldn't be storing any modifiable configuration information under
C:\Program Files.  That's for, you know, program files. ;-)

> I'm the only family member that is using POV-Ray and at the moment at least
> I'm not using any multi-user features of Vista.

You are. You just don't know it.

> Everyone sees the same
> desktop, etc.  Should I create user accounts for each family member?

I don't know that's relevant to the problem you're seeing here.

> Can that also explain why the command line doesn't work?

I don't know what that sentence means. Which "command line"? You mean
invoking POV-Ray's render engine with command-line arguments? I don't
know.  I would doubt it, somehow, unless perhaps it's trying to write
into the program-files directory as it renders or something.

Just be aware that Vista is different from previous versions in that
respect, because no matter how hard Microsoft tried to get people to
treat it as a secure multi-user platform, they refused for various
reasons. :-)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     His kernel fu is strong.