POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Vista and POV-Ray : Re: Vista and POV-Ray Server Time
17 May 2024 07:51:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vista and POV-Ray
From: Carl
Date: 19 Apr 2007 09:30:01
Message: <web.46276dd4892b732070dc520d0@news.povray.org>
> Where are you telling it to write the resulting image files?

Well I assume the animation files would be save the same place the still
images are placed.  That is the location of the ".pov" file itself.  As
seen here:

http://www.wwwmwww.com/images/VistaError3.png

that is J:logo which is a directory on my jump drive.

After some most testing last night the following command line does work:

+H800 +W800 +FN +A -J

So I assume its something with the animation parameters that is locking it
up.

The main reason I got a Core Duo was to speed up POV-Ray and now it doesn't
want to cooperate.

I'll do some more testing with changing some of the animation parameters one
at a time tonight and I suspose I can always render just one frame at a time
but I've just never had these problems with POV-Ray before.

Help,
Carl

P.S.  Why don't back slashes show up in these posts?  For example I typed
one between J: and logo above.