POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Installation problem Server Time
17 May 2024 08:14:48 EDT (-0400)
  Installation problem (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: jrx3 com
Subject: Installation problem
Date: 17 Dec 2005 02:10:01
Message: <web.43a3b8abe7f87180a6a4ad9e0@news.povray.org>
When I try to install the download I got using the link - Download 64-bit
(9.9 MB) via the web or via FTP  - from the windows section of the download
page I get the message - This installation package is not supported by this
processor type. Contact your product vendor.  -

I have a 2 Mo. old dell desk top. It has a sticker that says Intel inside.
I am running XP. The model name is Dimemsion 3000.

I have downloaded the file mutipule times,(just incase). The downloads
seemed to go just fine.

Dose anyone have any ideas what's up.

Thanks in advance for the help.
jim

Post a reply to this message

I don't think your computer is 64-bit.  Download the 32-bit version and try
again.

> When I try to install the download I got using the link - Download 64-bit
> (9.9 MB) via the web or via FTP  - from the windows section of the
> download
> page I get the message - This installation package is not supported by
> this
> processor type. Contact your product vendor.  -
>
> I have a 2 Mo. old dell desk top. It has a sticker that says Intel inside.
> I am running XP. The model name is Dimemsion 3000.
>
> I have downloaded the file mutipule times,(just incase). The downloads
> seemed to go just fine.
>
> Dose anyone have any ideas what's up.
>
> Thanks in advance for the help.
> jim

Post a reply to this message

  Why are you trying to install the 64-bit version of the program in
your computer? Is your computer 64-bit?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

jrx3.com nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-12-17 02:06:
> When I try to install the download I got using the link - Download 64-bit
> (9.9 MB) via the web or via FTP  - from the windows section of the download
> page I get the message - This installation package is not supported by this
> processor type. Contact your product vendor.  -
>
> I have a 2 Mo. old dell desk top. It has a sticker that says Intel inside.
> I am running XP. The model name is Dimemsion 3000.
>
> I have downloaded the file mutipule times,(just incase). The downloads
> seemed to go just fine.
>
> Dose anyone have any ideas what's up.
>
> Thanks in advance for the help.
> jim

The 64 bits version need a 64 bits processor running a 64 bits OS. Look at AMD64,
intel Itanium,
some others. As OS, you need Linux compiled at 64 bits or the win xp64 BETA:
development, unstable...
Your processor is 32 bits running win XP, a 32 bits OS.

--
Alain
Capitalism: That's MY shit.

Post a reply to this message

From: Kenneth
Date: 29 Dec 2005 07:00:01
Message: <web.43b3cedc76d3259f254a6a0d0@news.povray.org>
Don't feel too badly about your computer situation.

I *almost* bought an emachines model T3104, which was described (at the
computer outlet) as being "64-bit." Even the e-machines website said so!!!
But upon further research, I discovered that it would not run 64-bit
applications! Seems that it was using "some" of the true 64-bit AMD chip
architecture, but was still a 32-bit processor. I can't imagine how many
folks have bought that model, thinking otherwise.

I did end up getting a "true" 64-bit emachines model.  But it's really
unfortunate that such an otherwise-decent PC manufacture can't be trusted
to honestly label its products.

Ken