POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Installation problem : Re: Installation problem Server Time
1 Jun 2024 09:18:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Installation problem
From: Kenneth
Date: 29 Dec 2005 07:00:01
Message: <web.43b3cedc76d3259f254a6a0d0@news.povray.org>
Don't feel too badly about your computer situation.

I *almost* bought an emachines model T3104, which was described (at the
computer outlet) as being "64-bit." Even the e-machines website said so!!!
But upon further research, I discovered that it would not run 64-bit
applications! Seems that it was using "some" of the true 64-bit AMD chip
architecture, but was still a 32-bit processor. I can't imagine how many
folks have bought that model, thinking otherwise.

I did end up getting a "true" 64-bit emachines model.  But it's really
unfortunate that such an otherwise-decent PC manufacture can't be trusted
to honestly label its products.

Ken