POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Installation problem : Re: Installation problem Server Time
1 Jun 2024 09:35:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Installation problem
From: Alain
Date: 17 Dec 2005 10:34:09
Message: <43a42ff1$1@news.povray.org>
jrx3.com nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-12-17 02:06:
> When I try to install the download I got using the link - Download 64-bit
> (9.9 MB) via the web or via FTP  - from the windows section of the download
> page I get the message - This installation package is not supported by this
> processor type. Contact your product vendor.  -
>
> I have a 2 Mo. old dell desk top. It has a sticker that says Intel inside.
> I am running XP. The model name is Dimemsion 3000.
>
> I have downloaded the file mutipule times,(just incase). The downloads
> seemed to go just fine.
>
> Dose anyone have any ideas what's up.
>
> Thanks in advance for the help.
> jim

The 64 bits version need a 64 bits processor running a 64 bits OS. Look at AMD64,
intel Itanium,
some others. As OS, you need Linux compiled at 64 bits or the win xp64 BETA:
development, unstable...
Your processor is 32 bits running win XP, a 32 bits OS.

--
Alain
Capitalism: That's MY shit.