POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Windows XP question, kinda dumb Server Time
1 Jul 2024 02:19:40 EDT (-0400)
  Windows XP question, kinda dumb (Message 11 to 19 of 19)
From: Peter Popov
Subject: Re: Windows XP question, kinda dumb
Date: 28 Oct 2002 02:38:08
Message: <0aqpru0oi5m059dpqf28nhnqp3i32hgpj1@4ax.com>
On Sun, 27 Oct 2002 18:38:24 -0000, "Rick [Kitty5]" <ric### [at] kitty5com>
wrote:

>Open Regedit.exe and navigate to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SOFTWARE \Microsoft
>\Windows NT \CurrentVersion \Winlogon]. You should see a DWORD value named
>"SFCDisable" with a value of "0". Change the value to "ffffff9d", Swap
>notepad.exe with your editor of choice, put reg back and reboot again.

I knew it was something really simple that I have somehow overlooks
*grins*

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg

From: Arthur Flint
Date: 28 Oct 2002 07:18:51
Message: <3dbd2b2b$1@news.povray.org>
I was reading this thread wondering "why need another text editor".
Then I said "self, check this SciTE out befor you open mouth and say
something
dumb." Glad I did. I *like* SciTE!
> Peter Popov <pet### [at] vipbg> wrote:
> > I want to replace it with another text editor (in this case SciTE).
>
>   I fail to see how deleting notepad.exe helps you achieving this goal.
>
> --
> #macro M(A,N,D,L)plane{-z,-9pigment{mandel L*9translate N color_map{[0rgb
x]
> [1rgb 9]}scale<D,D*3D>*1e3}rotate y*A*8}#end M(-3<1.206434.28623>70,7)M(
> -1<.7438.1795>1,20)M(1<.77595.13699>30,20)M(3<.75923.07145>80,99)// -
Warp -

Post a reply to this message