POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Windows XP question, kinda dumb : Re: Windows XP question, kinda dumb Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:09:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Windows XP question, kinda dumb
From: Peter Popov
Date: 6 Nov 2002 01:21:13
Message: <90dhsu89k2fl8u3it1hms6bmjnaih4aurd@4ax.com>
On 5 Nov 2002 06:16:09 -0500, Philippe Lhoste <Phi### [at] GMXnet> wrote:

>You *may* be interested by a little program of mine, that I made to be
>able to view HTML sources from IE in SciTE... Because IE *always* use
>Notepad.

I did this with the TweakUI powertoy by Microsoft, I find this way
even cleaner as it's native to the system (more or less).

>I also added to SciTE a F12 shortcut to colorize HTML just to this
>purpose, because IE's View source remove file extension (ie. HomePage.html
>becomes HomePage[1]).

I have that in my version of SciTE... perhaps you submitted your
changes to the SciTE team?

>Last note: I made SciTE able to open any file with this simple registry
>file:

I have that, too, though it required a restart after installation.

>Good choice of editor...

If only it supported auto-indenting and alt-dragging Codemax-style...

>I still plan to make a SDL lexer, and now I know how to make
>(almost) unlimited nesting of comments...

That explains part of the mystery... you're one of *them* :)

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg