POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Windows XP question, kinda dumb : Re: Windows XP question, kinda dumb Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:32:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Windows XP question, kinda dumb
From: Philippe Lhoste
Date: 6 Nov 2002 07:52:42
Message: <Xns92BE8CEAD5649PhiLho@204.213.191.226>
Peter Popov <pet### [at] vipbg> wrote in

> On 5 Nov 2002 06:16:09 -0500, Philippe Lhoste <Phi### [at] GMXnet> wrote:
>
>>You *may* be interested by a little program of mine, that I made to be
>>able to view HTML sources from IE in SciTE... Because IE *always* use
>>Notepad.
>
> I did this with the TweakUI powertoy by Microsoft, I find this way
> even cleaner as it's native to the system (more or less).

I guess this is specific to the WinXP TweakUI, mine (NT/9x) doesn't do
this. Now, you can use TweakUI to set ProgLauncher as the default editor
:-)

>>I also added to SciTE a F12 shortcut to colorize HTML just to this
>>purpose, because IE's View source remove file extension (ie.
>>HomePage.html becomes HomePage[1]).
>
> I have that in my version of SciTE... perhaps you submitted your
> changes to the SciTE team?

Yes, and as Neil Hodgson is a nice guy, he accepts most of my patches :-)

>>Good choice of editor...
>
> If only it supported auto-indenting and alt-dragging Codemax-style...

It has auto-indenting, but it is very primitive. This is hard to implement
it right, at least in a generic (language independent) manner. Or perhaps
we should add this to the lexers, as it has be done with the folding code.
That's why we added a simplistic but useful mode, where SciTE just copy
the indentation of the previous line when hitting Enter.

What does Alt-drag? On Scintilla/SciTE, if you hold down the Alt key and
drag the mouse over text, it makes a rectangular selection.
It has to be improved, eg. to allow replacing text in rect. sel. only, or
to have a multi-line cursor. Both are not obvious with the current
implementation of rectangular selections.

>>I still plan to make a SDL lexer, and now I know how to make
>>(almost) unlimited nesting of comments...
>
> That explains part of the mystery... you're one of *them* :)

Grin :)
See About box...

--
Philippe Lhoste (Paris -- France)