POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Re: Running POV from another app without the editor coming up in the Windows Ve= Server Time
1 Jul 2024 01:13:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Running POV from another app without the editor coming up in the Windows Ve= (Message 21 to 30 of 30)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Running POV from another app without the editor coming up in the Windows Ve=
Date: 2 Mar 2003 19:54:21
Message: <3e62a7bd@news.povray.org>
Vadim Sytnikov <syt### [at] rucom> wrote:
> I was not referring to the very possibility, at all. I meant that I needed a
> quiet start

  Is it really that bad that the POV-Ray splash screen shows up *once* at the
start of your program?
  As we can see from Moray, you only need to start POV-Ray once and then use
it for rendering during the whole execution of your program, no matter how
many renders you need.

> (no, not to violate the license! :-), and every time Windows
> version of POV-Ray starts, it grabs focus and does other unwanted (for
> me...) things.

  It doesn't grab focus with Moray.