POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Re: Running POV from another app without the editor coming up in the Windows Ve= : Re: Running POV from another app without the editor coming up in the Windows Ve= Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:33:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Running POV from another app without the editor coming up in the Windows Ve=
From: Ian J  Burgmyer
Date: 3 Mar 2003 22:35:00
Message: <3e641ee4@news.povray.org>
Warp's furious key-hammering produced this:
>>>   It doesn't grab focus with Moray.
>>
>> It does. Or, as Thorsten would say, "of course it does".
>
>   Then it has changed since I last used. The last time I used it (well, it
> was quite long ago) POV-Ray kept in the background all the time and rendered
> the image into the render-window of Moray. Perhaps it has changed for some
> odd reason.

Odder still, POV-Ray grabbing focus in Moray, at least for me, seems to happen
only on certain system configuration.  When I used Win2K POV-Ray jumped on top
of Moray when I told it to render (IIRC it didn't do it with material previews,
strangely enough).  However, since I moved up to WinXP it hasn't done that.

I think it jumped in front when I used it in Win95/98, but I don't remember for
sure -- that was many a year ago. ;)

--
/*^*/light_source{100*<-5,2,-5>2}#macro I(i,n)#while(strlen(i)>=n)#local A=asc(
substr(i,n,1));#local a=asc(substr(i,n+1,1));cylinder{<div(A,8)-12,mod(A,8)-4,4
/*<*/)I("mkmtlttk"1)//@_$#!,:<"Thhis polysig brought to you by Ian Burgmyer :)"