POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Re: Running POV from another app without the editor coming up in the Windows Ve= : Re: Running POV from another app without the editor coming up in the Windows Ve= Server Time
3 Jul 2024 00:04:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Running POV from another app without the editor coming up in the Windows Ve=
From: Vadim Sytnikov
Date: 3 Mar 2003 07:07:52
Message: <3e634598@news.povray.org>
"ABX" <abx### [at] abxartpl> wrote:
> > ...I thought I have explained why I cannot use
> > that myself.
>
> So this is not enough for you ?
>
> http://throwable.com/dreampeach/download/QuietPOV/

From their docs:
  "There are two parts to QuietPOV. There is the actual QuietPOV GUI
Extension which POV-Ray needs to load, and a command-line executable that
sends POV-Ray commands via the GUI Extension."

Please note the existance of the special command line executable. Seems like
it is a must if you teach the POV-Ray to start quiet.

So the answer is still "no, a GUI extension alone is not enough for me".