POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : responce to lack Server Time
6 Oct 2024 08:26:48 EDT (-0400)
  responce to lack (Message 18 to 27 of 37)
From: C J
Subject: Re: responce to lack
Date: 30 Jun 2000 12:11:13
Message: <395cc6a1@news.povray.org>
See what happens when you teach a monkey to write!
To the POV Team-
I have studied programming and you all have my deepest respect. Not only for
POV-Ray, but for your charitable act of sharing it at no charge. I have
always wanted to dabble in Raycasting, but I do not want to pay the huge
fees some of the Pro prices (Not to mention the hardware upgrades) for what
to me is a fun hobby. It is my chance to explore art in a way that makes
sense to me. Sadly when ever you put something out there for others to use,
someone comes along and nags. I think the best thing to be done about this
cat is to ignore him so he will just go away!

P.S.
You guys keep up the great work! There are many of us that do thank you and
your efforts.
--
C.J. - POV User
www.crosswinds.net/~povstudy

lavender <lav### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> Grand I finally provoke a hidden pov team member to finially come out in
to the
> light and talk to me. I have triied to get this for a while now.
>
> One: Why are you programming POVRAY?
> My hope answer: To produce the best and most capable program to your
abilities.
> Why my stance: The limits you have placed on povray show you amount of
pride in
> your work. If a process is available you should not count it out just
because
> you do not want to put your time into your creation. You should try harder
> do what you have set out to do. I complaine about the pov team backing off
of
> their commitment to all of us that use the very program the team created.
It is
> called integraty. If I say I will do something I must do it. If I only go
half
> way I lack integraty.
>
> You claim how difficult it is to do what I have sudjested but I have done
just
> what I have asked with clumsey and slow code. It does not dive directly
into
> the pov code but uses Povray as an engine. That tells me that it is not
that
> difficult to do.
>
> Secondly men where able to send a person to the moon useing a slide rule
so any
> rebuff from the pov team about what can and can not be done is a result of
> their direct willingness to apply the energy required.
>
> One of these post stated that there is no other program that uses network
> rendering over multiple platforms. I would send them to the Newtek site.
>
> http://www.newtek.com
>
> Lightwave has been doing this for a very long time. And yes they have
radiosity
> also. They are driven by money. The pov team should be driven by pride.
This is
> a great accomplishment they have in creating a program such as povray with
no
> direct finatial input and limited time. To fall short now is like an
athlete
> training hard and winning some local meets and then going to the olipics
just
> to set in the stands.
>
> The Pov team has the knowlage and the ability to make Povray the most
powerfull
> program available. They just need to be pushed like an athalete to perform
at
> the level we all know they can reach.

Post a reply to this message