POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : responce to lack : Re: responce to lack Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:18:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: responce to lack
From: lavender
Date: 30 Jun 2000 15:13:44
Message: <8F6395785lavendersmith@204.213.191.228>
I must stand here in humble accord and publicly and officially apologize
for not being smart enough to make my point correctly and offend so many
people in doing so.

I can explain why I did what I did but for those who where offended I just
ask for forgivness.

I do know the great degree of effert that has gone into povray. I also know
of the little return to those that have produced it.

I deal with computers and computer software producers on a dayly bases and
am having a bit of a problem with why in the year 2000 we have such limited
system. I know that the pov team must also deal with these stupid
limitation when trying to develope the program.

I do believe that most of the distributed processes should be in the base
OS and that povray really should not need it.

I have in the past hunted for some one in the pov team that would reply to
questions and I was treated rudly by those that did reply. I made
sudjestintions and was chastized for sudgesting something they obviously
knew was to hard for them or the systems they where aiming at. I used that
as an excuse to lower my self to what I thought those I was dealing with
had reached.

I know that my programming skills are week and that I do not know enough to
truly contribute to the pov effert.

My only complaint is that with all that povray can do and with all of us
that use it we still have wants that the pov team has not been able to
provide for.

An unrelated complaint is that some of the limitaions of povray has nothing
to do with povray but that modern computers are about 10 years behind what
they should be. OS's should never crash but they do regularly. I should not
have to throw away my old computer just because I buy  new one. I am sure
every one here has these same complaints and do not know who truly to yell
at about them.

Thses are some of the reasons for my unaproprit comments.

I ask again for the acseptance of my humble apology. The pov team has in my
opinion produced an extraordinay program that no other program can touch.

I will acnoladge that the povteam does not like to be pushed but I also
believe that they are talented enough to much more than they have already.
Maybe some pushing could help them reach much further than just the gold
ring but much beyond that. I do believe they can do even more than they
have. I just do not know how to incurage this. I can provide ways for
increased funds through their own actions but that will be something each
and every one of us must asses.

Thank you Pov Team for Povray and the loooong hours you have put into it.

As for spelling and grammer I see that as just as warped as trying to
understand the networked rendering problem. An example: Why is drought
spelled the way it is when doubt is spelled they way it is and why even
have letters that you can not hear. This is just as stupid as windows
always crashing.

I do plan on releasing the utilities that I am working on for distributing
a rendering over a windows system. Once it is easily useable.