POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : UML for GEOMETRY? - MAX/MSP-PROCE55ING-POVRAY Server Time
26 Jun 2024 03:37:00 EDT (-0400)
  UML for GEOMETRY? - MAX/MSP-PROCE55ING-POVRAY (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
Subject: UML for GEOMETRY? - MAX/MSP-PROCE55ING-POVRAY
Date: 8 Jan 2004 19:18:34
Message: <3ffdf35a$1@news.povray.org>
--------------( oo )--------------

I had a seminar this is week on MAX MSP and Pure Data. I don't know if it's
weel known by the POVRay community. This is an OpenArchitecture software for
sequencing. Mainly used in Music and Performing Arts. We use MAX MSP for
programing PIC (microchip controllers) for ROBOTS.

I was wandering if someone I've heard about similar project for Geometry.
Using UML interface to rapidly program a Prototype Code for Geometry
(POVRay). The counters are exactly the sames, math ojects, objects types,
operation (COPY, TRANSLATE,...) Anjd there's sliders to control your
parametrized form.

We could compare the Paradigm of IRCAM (with MAX MSP) with the paradigme of
the MIT (with DESIGN BY NUMBERS and PROCE55ING). One is more graphic
oriented than the other.

If someone know something about UML and Geometry Construction, just tell me
if you saw similar projects. I'm working on my Master Thesis on Geometry
Models for Architecture, and maybe I'll spend some time on that subject.

guillaumeLaBelle [alias goo?] -
Architecture CAAO Website[VIF]-
514.524.3010 www.vif.com/users/goo