POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : SMPOV - whitespaces Update Server Time
1 Jul 2024 02:22:02 EDT (-0400)
  SMPOV - whitespaces Update (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Theo Gottwald *
Subject: SMPOV - whitespaces Update
Date: 15 Aug 2002 15:08:26
Message: <3d5bfc2a@news.povray.org>
This last Version has
- fixes some minor bugs (about not deleting unneeded files after the
process)
and it
- contains the " /RENDER" - tip from Thorsten.

Of course it has the NEW RenderAgent with the "Minimize-Feature".

So you can put it where you want even if there are whitespaces in the path.

Secondly a word to Radiosity:

Thorsten is definitely right.

I have rendered those pictures he adviced me to do and there are visible
artifacts.

However if you see them or if they just dissapear in the picture depends
heavily on the "tiling"
( 3x3 / 25x25 or 1/3) and it depends on the scene itself.

I have some picture examples (~40 k) I can sent with mail anyone who want to
see them.

Please do not intermix Radiosity and Raytracing (which is the method most
pictures are calculated).
Radiosity is a technology to make surfaces "shine" on nearby surfaces (true
?) to give them a more natural touch. While the raytracing technology is
relatively old, the radiosity is still a new technology and there may be
future changes in POV-Ray.

So its just good for giving scenes an final (more natural) "touch".
Depending on what you want to do, you need it or not.

For most scenes in the POV-Distribution Radiosity is not needed as far as I
know.

--Theo

Post a reply to this message