POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : SMPOV - whitespaces Update : Re: SMPOV - whitespaces Update Server Time
3 Jul 2024 01:20:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SMPOV - whitespaces Update
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 20 Aug 2002 04:27:01
Message: <3D61FD55.7BE1B259@gmx.de>
Theo Gottwald * wrote:

> [...]
>
> It's like with anything in the world. use it - or leave it. If you're not
> shure try it.

It's your right to think this way, but you should notice most successful
extensions and tools developed around POV-Ray (and of course POV-Ray
itself) are written with respect to the demands and wishes of those
actually using the program.  Therefore most of us are used to getting 'an
open ear' when suggesting technical improvements.  If you say "i don't
need it, therefore i won't implement it" that's fine, just don't expect
anyone to use the program.

> CPU's cause I wrote it for myself and I like it.

Gilles made an important point about that, you can't seriously recommend
your tool if you don't have some realistic experience using POV-Ray.  This
includes writing your own scenes with several hundred megabyte of data and
memory use for example.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,