POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : SMPOV - whitespaces Update : Re: SMPOV - whitespaces Update Server Time
3 Jul 2024 01:10:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SMPOV - whitespaces Update
From: Theo Gottwald *
Date: 20 Aug 2002 03:07:02
Message: <3d61ea96$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the comment, gilles.

I know thats your reality and between the lines I've read that many
"advanced users" - however not all-
think like that.

If they render mostly radiosity-things, they cannot use SMPOV it for the
finaly scene or they may have
artifacts in the picure.

My own copy of SMPOV (that helps me as a beginner to get my pictures faster)
is
running round the clock, rendering pictures, with and without radiosity.

So my reality IS diffrent and there may be users out there who want to use
it as well as I use it.

It's like with anything in the world. use it - or leave it. If you're not
shure try it.

If you look the pictures on my WEB-Site you see the sort of stuff I want to
render.
It does not need radiosity and even radiosity would not be good for the
typical

There are those peoples out there you talk about, so there is a comment on
my WEB-page and then
in the Readme.txt-File i have written what they can expect when using
"general scene lighting calculations" while rendering the scene "in tiles".

CPU's cause I wrote it for myself and I like it.

I am not an professional artist and I don't know what stuff they do render.
I did nowhere say that SMPOV CAN render "the unpossible" cause it does NOT
render anything in fact but give the job's "small in tiles" to multiple
copies of POV-Ray.

I've downloaded some scenens from the link sites on the povray.org homepage.
Maybe I downloaded those that are my taste ... however they did not use
radiosity and they all rendered perfectly, in less then half the time.  That
was all I wanted.

Its your good right to want more. Ok. sit down and code. However I doubt it
will be an add-on then you have to struggle with the source code and you
have to be better then the original people working on that :-) ...

Have much fun with rendering while that !
--Theo

Distributed Network-Rendering auf bis zu 600 PC's mit SMPOV und POV-Ray 3.5
Download ab sofort bei http://www.it-berater.org/smpov.htm