POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : NO whitespaces allowed in Path to ini ? Server Time
2 Jul 2024 22:56:03 EDT (-0400)
  NO whitespaces allowed in Path to ini ? (Message 30 to 39 of 39)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: NO whitespaces allowed in Path to ini ?
Date: 15 Aug 2002 10:40:37
Message: <3d5bbd65$1@news.povray.org>
In article <9qanluo85j0pnd96u407t97do34eneupr3@4ax.com> , Scott Moore
<sdm### [at] zoomcouk>  wrote:

> Does this mean the docs need to be updated to mention that spaces in
> the filename aren't allowed?
>
> (BTW. As I'm mentioning the docs, do all platforms build the source to
> pvengine or povray? On Windows the .exe is pvengine - but the docs, as
> shown above, suggest it's povray.exe - do the docs need updating for
> this also?)

The documentation is clear that it is about the command-line version of
POV-Ray, not the GUI versions and it does refer you to the GUI version
documentation for specifics of those versions.  Where?  Well, in the
introduction of the command-line options in section 5 in case you missed it.

If you don't read the documentation carefully and get burned that is not a
bug in POV-Ray but in your method of reading the documentation.  The
suggested way to read it is from section 1 to the last section.  It is not
recommended to use it for reference purposes only.  That way you _will_ miss
very important details!

    Thorsten

Post a reply to this message