POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : NO whitespaces allowed in Path to ini ? : Re: NO whitespaces allowed in Path to ini ? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 05:44:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: NO whitespaces allowed in Path to ini ?
From: Scott Moore
Date: 15 Aug 2002 20:15:59
Message: <djfoluco30t6hmg5i1chlai4da27gn93vl@4ax.com>
On Thu, 15 Aug 2002 22:29:08 +0200, "Thorsten Froehlich"
<tho### [at] trfde> wrote:

>In article <3d5bfd26@news.povray.org> , "Theo Gottwald *"
><The### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
>
>> We should accept here, that Thorsten has put a lot of time and work in the
>> POV-project, while we "nebies" just come here and do get all things "on the
>> silver plate".
>>
>> I can understand that this is sometimes annoying for him.
>
>No, not that ;-)  I only have a problem when the newbies look on the silver
>plate and start complaining about it not being polished well enough :-(
>
>Apart from that, what I really hate is when people just appear and make
>suggestions or complain without even knowing anything about the subject.
>Nothing else gets me aggressive more quickly.

Whoa there ... calm down ... there was never any intention to complain
about pov-ray ... hell, I think it's the best bit of free software
I've ever seen - I've been tinkering with it ever since 1992 (still a
newbie mind you). I'm a c++ developer myself and would love to be able
to contribute some code\patch back to the pov community, such is my
admiration of what the team has done over the years.

what you take to be my complaining is actually the result of my being
an over-enthusiastic fan. I guess you're the kind of person who tends
to think the worst of people, eh? <chuckle>

Okay?

Have I reassured you that my posts weren't meant to be negative?

Shall we shake hands then? Maybe I'll render an open hand and send it
to p.b.i - you could render the other one and post it back <grin>

Shall I stop this inane rambling as it's just getting silly now? (I'm
also quite tired now ... off to sleep ... guten nacht)

Cheers,

Scott

PS I'm still curious as to a post ABX sent in this thread when he said
that    pvengine "abx test.ini"   worked perfectly. I'm going to have
nightmares about this now!