POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : NO whitespaces allowed in Path to ini ? : Re: NO whitespaces allowed in Path to ini ? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 05:49:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: NO whitespaces allowed in Path to ini ?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 15 Aug 2002 16:29:16
Message: <3d5c0f1c@news.povray.org>
In article <3d5bfd26@news.povray.org> , "Theo Gottwald *"
<The### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:

> We should accept here, that Thorsten has put a lot of time and work in the
> POV-project, while we "nebies" just come here and do get all things "on the
> silver plate".
>
> I can understand that this is sometimes annoying for him.

No, not that ;-)  I only have a problem when the newbies look on the silver
plate and start complaining about it not being polished well enough :-(

Apart from that, what I really hate is when people just appear and make
suggestions or complain without even knowing anything about the subject.
Nothing else gets me aggressive more quickly.

Especially as I have to admit that I know only as much as anybody else can
find out in a few minutes about many parts of the POV-Ray core code.  It is
just too complex for a single person to understand it completely.  Yet, if a
person never looks into it at all but still makes suggestions and
assumptions how POV-Ray behaves or should behave they are wrong 99.9% of the
time and their laziness only wastes everybodies time reading the nonsense...

> However Thorsten, we are grateful for you efforts and patience.

Thanks.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde