POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : NO whitespaces allowed in Path to ini ? : Re: NO whitespaces allowed in Path to ini ? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 06:23:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: NO whitespaces allowed in Path to ini ?
From: Josh Seagoe
Date: 15 Aug 2002 15:44:21
Message: <3d5c0495@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
> In article <3d5b3e36@news.povray.org> , Josh Seagoe <rab### [at] junocom>
> wrote:
>
>>Note that this CANNOT be a problem with the shell, as the command line
>>is passed as one string to WinMain, or via GetCommandLine in Windows.
>>The application is responsible for splitting out parameters.  (usually
>>in the C runtime startup code before calling main, so it still may be
>>outside of the POV code)
>
> Well, given that the source code is available, isn't this guessing game
> redundant?

Yes, but it takes a while to download and unzip the source, then locate
the appropriate file and find the code within it, especially for someone
who's never really delt with this code before.  (and using a debugger
would require compiling it all)  OTOH, I know immediately from
experience that the shell is not responsible for parsing like that under
Windows.

-josh