POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : NEW: Rendering on multiple PC's with many CPU's Server Time
1 Jul 2024 02:00:47 EDT (-0400)
  NEW: Rendering on multiple PC's with many CPU's (Message 1 to 10 of 24)
From: Theo Gottwald *
Subject: NEW: Rendering on multiple PC's with many CPU's
Date: 10 Aug 2002 07:25:11
Message: <3d54f817$1@news.povray.org>
I've 3 computers and 5 CPU's (see www.fa2.de) so I was unhappy with the fact
that POV 3.5 on some pictures really took long time (even on my DUAL Athlon
2000 MP) while a lot of POWER was unused.

I've just developed a system to distribute a Rendering on MANY PC's and also
to use as many CPU's on each of the machines.

Anyone intrested as a beta-tester ?

Mail me pls. and tell me about your qualifications.

Thanks
--Theo Gottwald
http://www.it-berater.org

Post a reply to this message

> that POV 3.5 on some pictures really took long time (even on my DUAL Athlon
> 2000 MP) while a lot of POWER was unused.
>
> I've just developed a system to distribute a Rendering on MANY PC's and also
> to use as many CPU's on each of the machines.

A bit more information about how it works would be useful, there are
various more or less useful systems for that purpose.

And please read the cross-posting guidelines in
povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 03 Aug. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______