POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Configuration Error? Server Time
5 Oct 2024 01:16:39 EDT (-0400)
  Configuration Error? (Message 5 to 14 of 34)
<<< Previous 4 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Nicolas Calimet
Subject: Re: Configuration Error?
Date: 24 May 2004 07:31:22
Message: <40b1dd0a$1@news.povray.org>
> #define DISTRIBUTION_MESSAGE_1 "This is an unofficial version compiled by:"
> Jong
> #define DISTRIBUTION_MESSAGE_2 "FILL IN NAME HERE...."
> #define DISTRIBUTION_MESSAGE_3 "The POV-Ray Team(tm) is not responsible for
> supporting this version."

	Given what you did above, I'd suggest you do not try compiling povray,
but rather use the official Linux binary that should work on your RedHat distro.

	- NC

Post a reply to this message

> #define DISTRIBUTION_MESSAGE_1 "This is an unofficial version compiled
> by: Jong"

	No, the correct answer is to fill in DISTRIBUTION_MESSAGE_2,
which is clearly stated as "FILL IN NAME HERE....".

	Fortunately this *very basic and documented* stuff will simply
vanish in 3.6...

	- NC

Post a reply to this message