POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Configuration Error? : Re: Configuration Error? Server Time
3 Jul 2024 13:00:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Configuration Error?
From: gRRosminet
Date: 24 May 2004 08:20:30
Message: <40b1e88e$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Calimet wrote:
>     Given what you did above, I'd suggest you do not try compiling povray,
> but rather use the official Linux binary that should work on your RedHat
> distro.
>
>     - NC

On the contrary, he should compile Povray because he doesn't it will bee
very very slow (optimized for pentium 1) whereas using an optimized
version can improve performances by 50% !!! (to do this, you'll need to
modify the Makefile => ask for it when you'll be ready)

There is no matter in compiling povray or something else even if you
don't know how to do ! remember that you didn't know how to do at the
begining, but you have learn it ! why wouldn't he be able to learn it too ?