POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Compile on OSX? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 14:29:26 EDT (-0400)
  Compile on OSX? (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Bischofftep
Subject: Compile on OSX?
Date: 24 Apr 2003 12:45:14
Message: <web.3ea814575301a7d7e337476f0@news.povray.org>
Hello:

Having difficulties getting POV-Ray 3.50c to compile on Mac OS X 10.2.5.
Configure runs fine, but when make reaches actual compilation I'm finding
some X86-specific compile flags in there which chokes the compiler.

I've tried setting build targets for darwin, OSX, powerPC, whatever...
nothing seems to get rid of that.

Manually removing it from the makefiles (along with -mcpu=i586, etc.) works,
but then I hit some other errors that don't make sense.

Here's the error in question:

Making all in src
c++ -DPREFIX=\"/sw\" -DPOV_LIB_DIR=\"/sw/share/povray-3.5\"
-DCOMPILER_VER=\".Linux.gcc\" -DSYSCONFDIR=\"/sw/etc\"
-DUSE_IO_RESTRICTIONS=\"\"     `if [ "Xgcc" = "Xgcc" ]; then echo
"-Wno-multichar"; fi ` -O3 -finline-functions -ffast-math
-fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops -fexpensive-optimizations
-malign-double -foptimize-sibling-calls -minline-all-stringops
-Wno-multichar -c atmosph.cpp
cc1plus: invalid option `align-double'
cc1plus: invalid option `inline-all-stringops'
make[1]: *** [atmosph.o] Error 1

Thanks for any help!

-Bischofftep
bis### [at] maccom

Post a reply to this message

> Having difficulties getting POV-Ray 3.50c to compile on Mac OS X 10.2.5.
> Configure runs fine, but when make reaches actual compilation I'm finding
> some X86-specific compile flags in there which chokes the compiler.

	Look a few threads ago and find the one called 'New configure script'.
It's a first attempt to make all those non-x86 archs to be able to compile
POV-Ray. It might work for you, although there are known problems (I did not
yet find the time to make and upload a new version).

	Hope this helps,
	- NC

Post a reply to this message