POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Compile on OSX? : Re: Compile on OSX? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 18:22:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compile on OSX?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 27 Apr 2003 09:53:32
Message: <3eabe0dc@news.povray.org>
In article <pan### [at] ntlworldcom> , "David Burnett"
<var### [at] ntlworldcom> wrote:

> On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 01:31:38 +0200, Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
>> You are completely on the wrong track here.  The configure script doesn't
>> even try to detect what platform you are on.  And that has been discussed in
>> the threads you have already been pointed to...
>
> Cut and patse from povray-3.50c/configure
>
>   if test -z "$CC"; then
>     case "`uname -s`" in
>     *win32* | *WIN32*)

>    case "`(uname -sr) 2>/dev/null`" in
>     "SunOS 5"*)
>

> which bit of those are not detecting which platform the script is
> running on.

Just take my word for it!  Also certain parts haven't been removed from the
configure script template because they are meant for later use, that in no
way implies there are supposed to detect anything right now.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.