POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Compile on OSX? : Re: Compile on OSX? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 18:35:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compile on OSX?
From: David Burnett
Date: 27 Apr 2003 09:17:44
Message: <pan.2003.04.27.13.16.52.393938@ntlworld.com>
On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 01:31:38 +0200, Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
> You are completely on the wrong track here.  The configure script doesn't
> even try to detect what platform you are on.  And that has been discussed in
> the threads you have already been pointed to...

Cut and patse from povray-3.50c/configure

  if test -z "$CC"; then
    case "`uname -s`" in
    *win32* | *WIN32*)

   case "`(uname -sr) 2>/dev/null`" in
    "SunOS 5"*)

which bit of those are not detecting which platform the script is
running on.

That is beside the point though, I wasn't having a go at povray's
build per se (although a working --without-x would be nice for
3.51 :-) just the general crappiness of all the stuff
that gets run to create and build, from autoconf, a million
m4 macros, right down to configure, especially for cross platform
stuff.