POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : jpeg_pov.o Server Time
5 Jul 2024 13:59:39 EDT (-0400)
  jpeg_pov.o (Message 1 to 10 of 19)
From: MidnightLightning
Subject: jpeg_pov.o
Date: 15 Apr 2003 12:30:07
Message: <web.3e9c3265e2cf3f11894657c10@news.povray.org>
I'm in the process of compiling POV-Ray 3.50c to run on a Solaris 8 SPARC
station, and I've gotten through several errors, but this one's stumping
me:

From the /povray/src/ directory:
$ make
roll-loops -fexpensive-optimizations -foptimize-sibling-calls -Wno-multichar
 -opovray  atmosph.o bbox.o bcyl.o benchmark.o bezier.o blob.o  boxes.o
bsphere.o camera.o chi2.o colour.o colutils.o cones.o csg.o  discs.o
express.o file_pov.o fncode.o fnintern.o fnpovfpu.o fnsyntax.o  fpmetric.o
fractal.o
function.o gif.o  gifdecod.o hcmplx.o hfield.o  histogra.o iff.o image.o
interior.o
isosurf.o jpeg_pov.o lathe.o  lbuffer.o lightgrp.o lighting.o matrices.o
media.o
mesh.o normal.o  objects.o octree.o optin.o optout.o parse.o parsestr.o
parstxtr.o
pattern.o pgm.o photons.o pigment.o planes.o png_pov.o point.o poly.o
polygon.o polysolv.o pov_mem.o povms.o povmscpp.o povmsend.o povmsrec.o
povray.o
pov_util.o ppm.o prism.o quadrics.o quatern.o rad_data.o  radiosit.o ray.o
render.o
renderio.o sor.o spheres.o sphsweep.o  splines.o statspov.o super.o targa.o
texture.o tiff_pov.o tokenize.o  torus.o triangle.o truetype.o txttest.o
userdisp.o
userio.o vbuffer.o  vlbuffer.o warps.o unix.o povxlib.o  -ltiff -lpng -lz
-lm  -lX11
jpeg_set_quality                    jpeg_pov.o
jpeg_write_scanlines                jpeg_pov.o
jpeg_destroy_decompress             jpeg_pov.o
jpeg_start_compress                 jpeg_pov.o
jpeg_read_scanlines                 jpeg_pov.o
jpeg_finish_decompress              jpeg_pov.o
jpeg_start_decompress               jpeg_pov.o
jpeg_destroy_compress               jpeg_pov.o
jpeg_resync_to_restart              jpeg_pov.o
jpeg_std_error                      jpeg_pov.o
jpeg_CreateDecompress               jpeg_pov.o
jpeg_set_defaults                   jpeg_pov.o
jpeg_CreateCompress                 jpeg_pov.o
jpeg_read_header                    jpeg_pov.o
jpeg_finish_compress                jpeg_pov.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to povray
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `povray'

I have installed jpegsrc.v6b, so I don't know where else to find the various
jpeg libraries it seems to be looking for. Additionally, why is it 'povray'
that's erroring out, not the jpeg_pov.o file?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
MidnightLightning

Post a reply to this message