POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : jpeg_pov.o : Re: jpeg_pov.o Server Time
8 Jul 2024 18:08:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: jpeg_pov.o
From: David Burnett
Date: 18 Apr 2003 09:49:44
Message: <pan.2003.04.18.13.49.03.221452@ntlworld.com>
On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 22:51:43 -0400, MidnightLightning wrote:

 userdisp.o userio.o vbuffer.o  vlbuffer.o warps.o unix.o povxlib.o  -ltiff
> -lpng -lz -lm  -lX11 -L/home/boydb/downloads/jpeg-6b/libjpeg.a
> jpeg_set_quality                    jpeg_pov.o
> etc, etc, etc, same errors as before.
>
> Did I put that in the correct place, or can you better explain where to put
> it in the Makefile?

You're no quite there, you need -L/home/boydb/downloads/jpeg-6b and
-ljpeg

Note that the -L/home... needs to be before the -ltiff -png etc and it
is a path to the directory the library is in, not the library, and it may
or may not require a trailing /, but more than likely not.

Dave