POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : jpeg_pov.o : Re: jpeg_pov.o Server Time
8 Jul 2024 18:10:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: jpeg_pov.o
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 16 Apr 2003 10:30:26
Message: <3E9D6902.6090006@free.fr>
> ld: fatal: library -ljpeg: not found
> ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to povray
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `povray'
>
> It seems in the first one it was able to find a JPEG library, but it wasn't
> complete, but in this one, there is no such thing as a -ljpeg library.

	Since you said you installed yourself the libjpeg library,
I assume you did so in a directory you can write to (for instance
somewhere in your home directory). In order to let the linker find
this library, setup the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable, e.g.:

(csh-like)
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /home/you/path/to/libjpeg

or

(sh-like)
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/you/path/to/libjpeg

	Then try linking again.
	This environment variable should also be set for running the
program if you linked it with dynamic libraries.

	Hope this helps,
	- NC