POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : jpeg_pov.o : Re: jpeg_pov.o Server Time
8 Jul 2024 17:21:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: jpeg_pov.o
From: MidnightLightning
Date: 17 Apr 2003 21:50:05
Message: <web.3e9f599b7dc5196f76b67fde0@news.povray.org>
>(sh-like)
>export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/you/path/to/libjpeg
>
> Then try linking again.
> This environment variable should also be set for running the
>program if you linked it with dynamic libraries.
>
> Hope this helps,
> - NC

I'm using sh shell; should that command run in command line or from the
Makefile? I tried it on command line and got:

$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/boydb/downloads/jpeg-6b/
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/boydb/downloads/jpeg-6b/: is not an identifier

That folder has libjpeg.a in it. Should that line be added to the Makefile?
If so, I'm not familiar enough with the language it's written in to figure
that one out.