POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : New editor for Linux : QTPOV Editor Server Time
8 Jul 2024 17:22:26 EDT (-0400)
  New editor for Linux : QTPOV Editor (Message 22 to 31 of 31)
From: Shay
Subject: Re: QTPOV Editor : new version
Date: 1 Dec 2003 11:09:46
Message: <3fcb67ca@news.povray.org>
"gRRosminet" <pov### [at] les-charlesnet> wrote in message

I could not get the new version to work. In order to compile it, I had
to copy the 'images' folder from the 1.4 download. Once compiled, it
would display a file, but would not render it. The error message
reported that the file could not be found.

Also, the shortened tab names are only shortened when a file is
initially opened. When the file is saved, the tab names revert back to
showing the entire path.

Thank you for all of the hard work.

 -Shay

Post a reply to this message

> "gRRosminet" <pov### [at] les-charlesnet> wrote in message
>
> I could not get the new version to work. In order to compile it, I had
> to copy the 'images' folder from the 1.4 download.
It seems like I forgot to join the images in the package, hopefully, the
was no changes ... sorry

> Once compiled, it
> would display a file, but would not render it. The error message
> reported that the file could not be found.

Could you tell me the absolute path to the file please ? It seems that
povray does not support paths with spaces (even protected) ... I should
do some corrections to avoid that problem, but the file name will ever
be space less.

> Also, the shortened tab names are only shortened when a file is
> initially opened. When the file is saved, the tab names revert back to
> showing the entire path.
It seems that I have forgotten some code

> Thank you for all of the hard work.
>
>  -Shay

Thanks for your support

Thierry

Post a reply to this message

From: Shay
Date: 2 Dec 2003 10:04:31
Message: <3fcca9ff@news.povray.org>

| Could you tell me the absolute path to the file please ?

/usr/local/share/povray-3.5/scenes/00tower/tower_bridge.pov

| It seems that povray does not support paths with spaces
| (even protected) ... I should do some corrections to avoid
| that problem, but the file name will ever
| be space less.

No spaces, and works fine with 1.4. One thing which I might have
forgotten to try is saving the file and then trying to render it. I may
have only tried to open the file and then render it. If I get a chance
tonight, I will recompile 1.5 and post the specific error message here.

 -Shay

Post a reply to this message

From: gRRosminet
Date: 2 Dec 2003 11:25:28
Message: <3fccbcf8@news.povray.org>

> "gRRosminet" <pov### [at] les-charlesnet> wrote in message
> |
> | Could you tell me the absolute path to the file please ?
>
> /usr/local/share/povray-3.5/scenes/00tower/tower_bridge.pov
>

> | It seems that povray does not support paths with spaces
> | (even protected) ... I should do some corrections to avoid
> | that problem, but the file name will ever
> | be space less.
>
> No spaces, and works fine with 1.4. One thing which I might have
> forgotten to try is saving the file and then trying to render it. I may
> have only tried to open the file and then render it. If I get a chance
> tonight, I will recompile 1.5 and post the specific error message here.
>
>  -Shay

Yes, I have foud the problem. in fact, I try to protect the filename
with \ and finaly povray doesn't understand what it means whereas on
command line the shell translate the arguments into something that pov
prefers .... The bug should be corrected via these few things :

open file 'menu/renderMenu.cpp.h'
go to line 102
replace these lines :
         for (uint i = 0 ; i < pathsList.count() ; i++)
         {
             if (pathsList[i].selected)
             {
                 cmd += " +L";
                 cmd += secure_filename(pathsList[i].path);
             }
         }

         cmd += " +I";
         cmd += secure_filename(activeFileName);
         cmd += " +B001 +O";
         cmd += secure_filename(activeFileName);
         cmd += ".png";
         cmd += " +GA";
         cmd += RENDERER_FILE;
         cmd += QString::number(getpid());
         cmd += " ";
         cmd += additionnalOptions->text();

with these ones :
         for (uint i = 0 ; i < pathsList.count() ; i++)
         {
             if (pathsList[i].selected)
             {
                 cmd += " +L";
                 cmd += pathsList[i].path;
             }
         }

         cmd += " +I";
         cmd += activeFileName.section('/',-1,-1);
         cmd += " +B001 +O";
         cmd += activeFileName.section('/',-1,-1);
         cmd += ".png";
         cmd += " +GA";
         cmd += RENDERER_FILE;
         cmd += QString::number(getpid());
         cmd += " ";
         cmd += additionnalOptions->text();

I hope this will be enough

Thierry

Post a reply to this message

From: gRRosminet
Date: 2 Dec 2003 11:56:15
Message: <3fccc42f@news.povray.org>
I said something wrong in the previous post ...

  open file 'menu/renderMenu.cpp.h'
  go to line 111
  replace this lines :
          cmd += " +I";
          cmd += activeFileName.section('/',-1,-1);

  with this one :
          cmd += " ";

From: Shay
Date: 3 Dec 2003 10:20:27
Message: <3fcdff3b@news.povray.org>

| I hope this will be enough

The file renders, but there are other problems. The Pov output is not
being displayed, and all entries into the additional options field are
being ignored.

 -Shay

Post a reply to this message

From: gRRosminet
Date: 3 Dec 2003 15:59:28
Message: <3fce4eb0$1@news.povray.org>
I'm realy sorry ... the 0.1.5 package is very bad ...

So ... the problem is that I forget that the name of the file we want to
render must be the last parameter ... otherwise the last parameters are
ignored ...

The (final) solution is to move some lines down :

         cmd += " ";
         cmd += activeFileName.section('/',-1,-1);

must be placed after

         cmd += additionnalOptions->text();

I promess to be more conscientious with the next package

Thierry

> "gRRosminet" <pov### [at] les-charlesnet> wrote in message
> |
> | I hope this will be enough
> |

> The file renders, but there are other problems. The Pov output is not
> being displayed, and all entries into the additional options field are
> being ignored.
>
>  -Shay

Post a reply to this message

From: Shay
Date: 4 Dec 2003 11:47:25
Message: <3fcf651d@news.povray.org>

| The (final) solution is to move some lines down :

This fixed the problem, but I had two crashes. I recorded the terminal
output during the second crash.

QDArray::at: Absolute index 300 out of range
QDArray::at: Absolute index 300 out of range
QDArray::at: Absolute index 300 out of range
QDArray::at: Absolute index 312 out of range
QDArray::at: Absolute index 312 out of range
QDArray::at: Absolute index 312 out of range
QDArray::at: Absolute index 324 out of range
QDArray::at: Absolute index 324 out of range
QDArray::at: Absolute index 324 out of range
QDArray::at: Absolute index 336 out of range

The number of times which each number appeared is from memory and may
not be completely accurate.

 -Shay

Post a reply to this message

From: gRRosminet
Date: 4 Dec 2003 14:47:23
Message: <3fcf8f4b$1@news.povray.org>

> "gRRosminet" <pov### [at] les-charlesnet> wrote in message
> |
> | The (final) solution is to move some lines down :
> |

> This fixed the problem, but I had two crashes. I recorded the terminal
> output during the second crash.
>
> QDArray::at: Absolute index 300 out of range
> QDArray::at: Absolute index 300 out of range
> QDArray::at: Absolute index 300 out of range
> QDArray::at: Absolute index 312 out of range
> QDArray::at: Absolute index 312 out of range
> QDArray::at: Absolute index 312 out of range
> QDArray::at: Absolute index 324 out of range
> QDArray::at: Absolute index 324 out of range
> QDArray::at: Absolute index 324 out of range
> QDArray::at: Absolute index 336 out of range
>
> The number of times which each number appeared is from memory and may
> not be completely accurate.
>
>  -Shay

Could you tell me if it was v0.1.5 or 0.2.0 and what did you do to get
this crashes ?

Post a reply to this message

From: Shay
Date: 4 Dec 2003 16:47:56
Message: <3fcfab8c@news.povray.org>

| Could you tell me if it was v0.1.5 or 0.2.0 and what did you do
| to get this crashes ?

It was version v0.1.5. I'm not sure what I did to cause the crashes.
They seemed to happen for no reason. I would have experimented a bit
more, but I had some scene editing which I needed to get done, so I went
back to v0.1.4 after two crashes (in maybe 15 minutes). I worked for a
few hours in v0.1.4 and had no problems.

 -Shay