POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : New editor for Linux : QTPOV Editor : Re: QTPOV Editor : new version Server Time
6 Oct 2024 12:30:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: QTPOV Editor : new version
From: gRRosminet
Date: 2 Dec 2003 11:25:28
Message: <3fccbcf8@news.povray.org>

> "gRRosminet" <pov### [at] les-charlesnet> wrote in message
> |
> | Could you tell me the absolute path to the file please ?
>
> /usr/local/share/povray-3.5/scenes/00tower/tower_bridge.pov
>

> | It seems that povray does not support paths with spaces
> | (even protected) ... I should do some corrections to avoid
> | that problem, but the file name will ever
> | be space less.
>
> No spaces, and works fine with 1.4. One thing which I might have
> forgotten to try is saving the file and then trying to render it. I may
> have only tried to open the file and then render it. If I get a chance
> tonight, I will recompile 1.5 and post the specific error message here.
>
>  -Shay

Yes, I have foud the problem. in fact, I try to protect the filename
with \ and finaly povray doesn't understand what it means whereas on
command line the shell translate the arguments into something that pov
prefers .... The bug should be corrected via these few things :

open file 'menu/renderMenu.cpp.h'
go to line 102
replace these lines :
         for (uint i = 0 ; i < pathsList.count() ; i++)
         {
             if (pathsList[i].selected)
             {
                 cmd += " +L";
                 cmd += secure_filename(pathsList[i].path);
             }
         }

         cmd += " +I";
         cmd += secure_filename(activeFileName);
         cmd += " +B001 +O";
         cmd += secure_filename(activeFileName);
         cmd += ".png";
         cmd += " +GA";
         cmd += RENDERER_FILE;
         cmd += QString::number(getpid());
         cmd += " ";
         cmd += additionnalOptions->text();

with these ones :
         for (uint i = 0 ; i < pathsList.count() ; i++)
         {
             if (pathsList[i].selected)
             {
                 cmd += " +L";
                 cmd += pathsList[i].path;
             }
         }

         cmd += " +I";
         cmd += activeFileName.section('/',-1,-1);
         cmd += " +B001 +O";
         cmd += activeFileName.section('/',-1,-1);
         cmd += ".png";
         cmd += " +GA";
         cmd += RENDERER_FILE;
         cmd += QString::number(getpid());