POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Question about compiling popov & slime Server Time
8 Jul 2024 19:49:30 EDT (-0400)
  Question about compiling popov & slime (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Yanestra
Subject: Question about compiling popov & slime
Date: 26 Oct 2002 21:11:55
Message: <3dbb3d5b$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I am an absolute newbie, so please excuse my possibly silly questions.

Do I need popov and slime? The changes made in these projects to the
original povray appear useful to me, but is it in fact a good idea to
start with them?

How can I use popov patches and slime patches at the same time? Has
anybody succeded to compile it under Unix?

Grateful for any help...

Yanestra

Post a reply to this message

> Do I need popov and slime? The changes made in these projects to the
> original povray appear useful to me, but is it in fact a good idea to
> start with them?

  Most of the patches add quite advanced features, and even the bugfixes
are things that you are unlikely to struggle with in the near future.
  IMO it's better to learn the basics first and then think about more
advanced stuff. :)