POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Question about compiling popov & slime : Re: Question about compiling popov & slime Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:41:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question about compiling popov & slime
From: Michael Andrews
Date: 1 Nov 2002 10:17:58
Message: <3dc29b26@news.povray.org>
ABX wrote:
> So, has anybody succeded with it ?

I don't know if this counts, but I've compiled both PoPov and SlimePov
using gcc 3.2 under CygWin without a lot of hassle.

I've also been looking at combining the two, but scrutinising the diff
outputs between the two versions and the original is about as far as
I've got. It looks like the main conflict areas are the different
implementations of the 'unofficial' versioning and heightfield tweaks.
And then, of course, I'll have to take a look at Christoph's Sim-Pov to
see if that can be brought in ...

Bye for now,
	Mike Andrews.