POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Making clothing in Poser - Q & A Server Time: 19 Dec 2018 14:22:33 GMT
  Making clothing in Poser - Q & A (Message 1 to 10 of 28)  
Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Making clothing in Poser - Q & A
Date: 3 Jun 2007 14:00:18
Message: <4662c972$1@news.povray.org>
I start this thread for purely Poser problems, leaving the others in p.b.i. 
for the discussion of the images.

After a day of experimentations, I am still not sure how to make a 
conforming item.

I have made a belt (of sorts) and went through the Setup Room as indicated 
in the Tutorial Manual to change it to a figure. However, I am now at a loss 
about how to go further. Should I add bones? How should I group?

I get a figure item alright, but I fail to get it properly conformed to a 
human figure. When I do that, the item jumps away and does not follow the 
pose changes applied to the human figure.

I guess, I have to dig further into the Reference and Tutorial Manuals....

Any bright suggestion?

Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Making clothing in Poser - Q & A
Date: 4 Jun 2007 08:50:01
Message: <web.4663d1e8f6c4f1b4c4e49fa40@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:

> Any bright suggestion?
>
> Thomas

Since no one else has replied yet … Have you tried tutorials like the one
below? You have to work with CR2 files and I believe that it is best to
modify an existing one.

http://209.92.41.204/Poser/conform.html



Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: Janet
Subject: Re: Making clothing in Poser - Q & A
Date: 4 Jun 2007 20:55:01
Message: <web.46647b30f6c4f1b43c1e96f10@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> wrote:
> "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
>
> > Any bright suggestion?
> >
> > Thomas
>
> Since no one else has replied yet … Have you tried tutorials like the one
> below? You have to work with CR2 files and I believe that it is best to
> modify an existing one.
>
> http://209.92.41.204/Poser/conform.html
>
>
>
> Stephen

I have used this method, copying an existing cr2 file, and it works great.
See http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/46207277  Just make sure the
conforming object has the same name as the body part to which it should
conform. I think I had to change the obj file a bit too. If you want/need
more details, I will try to remember what I did. :)

Janet


Post a reply to this message

From: fls13
Subject: Re: Making clothing in Poser - Q & A
Date: 5 Jun 2007 03:50:01
Message: <web.4664dc8df6c4f1b4803bbff30@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:

> After a day of experimentations, I am still not sure how to make a
> conforming item.

> Any bright suggestion?
>
> Thomas

Do you want to prepare these items for marketing or just for your own use?
If it's the latter, forget conforming clothes and creat new clothed figures
and then pop on the head of your choice. That's what I do and the workflow
is much easier. One figure is one figure, not a body, a shirt figure, pants
figure etc etc. Too messy and cumbersome in multiple character scenes.


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Making clothing in Poser - Q & A
Date: 5 Jun 2007 07:34:06
Message: <466511ee$1@news.povray.org>
"fls13" <fls### [at] netzeronet> schreef in bericht 
news:web.4664dc8df6c4f1b4803bbff30@news.povray.org...
> "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
>
>> After a day of experimentations, I am still not sure how to make a
>> conforming item.
>
>> Any bright suggestion?
>>
>> Thomas
>
> Do you want to prepare these items for marketing or just for your own use?
> If it's the latter, forget conforming clothes and creat new clothed 
> figures
> and then pop on the head of your choice. That's what I do and the workflow
> is much easier. One figure is one figure, not a body, a shirt figure, 
> pants
> figure etc etc. Too messy and cumbersome in multiple character scenes.
>
>

No, it is purely for my own enjoyment :-)
My point is not the making of conforming clothes as such (that will be 
another story, and I want to experiment with Clothing Designer by PhilC for 
that), I want to transform a belt into a conforming item that I can use for 
constricting the dynamic clothing it is supposed to constrain at the waist. 
I have worked out the quick-and-dirty method to do that, but I wonder if 
there would not be a more elegant way to do it, with the help of a 
conforming item (like Janet suggested in Take 5b in p.b.i.).

Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Making clothing in Poser - Q & A
Date: 5 Jun 2007 07:45:11
Message: <46651487$1@news.povray.org>
I have been experimenting now with PhilC's OBJ2CR2 Python script which 
should give me exactly what I want. Not successful yet however, mostly due 
to my failure to understand (probably) about giving exact names to Groups. 
If I remain stuck, I shall contact PhilC on his own forum.

To Stephen:
No, this looks like a nice tutorial. I shall study it. There is also 
Clothing Designer by PhilC (which I happen to have), but in first instance I 
thought I could manage by myself (How wrong I was)  :-)

To Janet:
Hey! That's beautiful! Excellent work Janet!
I see what you mean. I can try along that line too..

Thanks all!!

Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Making clothing in Poser - Q & A
Date: 5 Jun 2007 11:00:01
Message: <web.4665411af6c4f1b4c4e49fa40@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
> I have been experimenting now with PhilC's OBJ2CR2 Python script which
> should give me exactly what I want. Not successful yet however, mostly due
> to my failure to understand (probably) about giving exact names to Groups.
> If I remain stuck, I shall contact PhilC on his own forum.
>
> To Stephen:
> No, this looks like a nice tutorial. I shall study it. There is also
> Clothing Designer by PhilC (which I happen to have), but in first instance I
> thought I could manage by myself (How wrong I was)  :-)

I’ve seen that too but if I remember correctly there is a cost involved. It
looked good though.

> To Janet:
> Hey! That's beautiful! Excellent work Janet!
> I see what you mean. I can try along that line too..

Drat! “Deviant art” is blocked by my works IT policy :-(

Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Making clothing in Poser - Q & A
Date: 7 Jun 2007 07:28:51
Message: <4667b3b3$1@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> schreef in bericht 
news:web.4665411af6c4f1b4c4e49fa40@news.povray.org...
> "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
>> I have been experimenting now with PhilC's OBJ2CR2 Python script which
>> should give me exactly what I want. Not successful yet however, mostly 
>> due
>> to my failure to understand (probably) about giving exact names to 
>> Groups.
>> If I remain stuck, I shall contact PhilC on his own forum.
>>
>> To Stephen:
>> No, this looks like a nice tutorial. I shall study it. There is also
>> Clothing Designer by PhilC (which I happen to have), but in first 
>> instance I
>> thought I could manage by myself (How wrong I was)  :-)
>
> I've seen that too but if I remember correctly there is a cost involved. 
> It
> looked good though.

Correct. But the costs are very affordable.

>
>> To Janet:
>> Hey! That's beautiful! Excellent work Janet!
>> I see what you mean. I can try along that line too..
>
> Drat! "Deviant art" is blocked by my works IT policy :-(

D*** IT!

Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Making clothing in Poser - Q & A
Date: 7 Jun 2007 11:10:01
Message: <web.4667e657f6c4f1b4c4e49fa40@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
> >
> > I've seen that too but if I remember correctly there is a cost involved.
> > It
> > looked good though.
>
> Correct. But the costs are very affordable.

With my new life experience of working in the Netherlands I think that it
must be very cheap :-)
It’s not the money but the paying that stops me and take that “as you like
it”


> >
> >> To Janet:
> >> Hey! That's beautiful! Excellent work Janet!
> >> I see what you mean. I can try along that line too..
> >
> > Drat! "Deviant art" is blocked by my works IT policy :-(
>
> D*** IT!
>
> Thomas

Indeed! But with a domain name like that what do you expect? Remember
“Scunthorpe”?


Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Making clothing in Poser - Q & A
Date: 7 Jun 2007 12:40:48
Message: <4667fcd0$1@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> schreef in bericht 
news:web.4667e657f6c4f1b4c4e49fa40@news.povray.org...
> "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
>> >
>> > I've seen that too but if I remember correctly there is a cost 
>> > involved.
>> > It
>> > looked good though.
>>
>> Correct. But the costs are very affordable.
>
> With my new life experience of working in the Netherlands I think that it
> must be very cheap :-)
> It's not the money but the paying that stops me and take that "as you like
> it"

LOL! You are becoming wise, aren't you? One thing Scots and Dutch seem to 
have in common (or so they say)  :-)
Ah, yes! I see what you mean.

>> >
>> >> To Janet:
>> >> Hey! That's beautiful! Excellent work Janet!
>> >> I see what you mean. I can try along that line too..
>> >
>> > Drat! "Deviant art" is blocked by my works IT policy :-(
>>
>> D*** IT!
>>
>> Thomas
>
> Indeed! But with a domain name like that what do you expect? Remember
> "Scunthorpe"?

LOL again! You are right!

Thomas


Post a reply to this message

Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.