POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Making clothing in Poser - Q & A : Re: Making clothing in Poser - Q & A Server Time
18 Apr 2024 17:30:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making clothing in Poser - Q & A
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 5 Jun 2007 03:34:06
Message: <466511ee$1@news.povray.org>
"fls13" <fls### [at] netzeronet> schreef in bericht
> "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
>
>> After a day of experimentations, I am still not sure how to make a
>> conforming item.
>
>> Any bright suggestion?
>>
>> Thomas
>
> Do you want to prepare these items for marketing or just for your own use?
> If it's the latter, forget conforming clothes and creat new clothed
> figures
> and then pop on the head of your choice. That's what I do and the workflow
> is much easier. One figure is one figure, not a body, a shirt figure,
> pants
> figure etc etc. Too messy and cumbersome in multiple character scenes.

No, it is purely for my own enjoyment :-)
My point is not the making of conforming clothes as such (that will be
another story, and I want to experiment with Clothing Designer by PhilC for
that), I want to transform a belt into a conforming item that I can use for
constricting the dynamic clothing it is supposed to constrain at the waist.
I have worked out the quick-and-dirty method to do that, but I wonder if
there would not be a more elegant way to do it, with the help of a
conforming item (like Janet suggested in Take 5b in p.b.i.).

Thomas