POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : Modeling in Wings Server Time
7 May 2024 02:36:34 EDT (-0400)
  Modeling in Wings (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Jim Charter
Subject: Modeling in Wings
Date: 28 May 2004 13:08:56
Message: <40b77228$1@news.povray.org>
A medium skill tutorial I put together.  Wings, not POV so far.
http://www21.brinkster.com/jrcsurvey/tutorials/alana/Index.html

Post a reply to this message

From: St
Subject: Re: Modeling in Wings
Date: 28 May 2004 15:34:57
Message: <40b79461@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote in message
> A medium skill tutorial I put together.  Wings, not POV so far.
> http://www21.brinkster.com/jrcsurvey/tutorials/alana/Index.html

   Excellent tutorial Jim! I think you should add your recent image as
an 'end' result though.

   ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Charter
Date: 28 May 2004 16:01:12
Message: <40b79a88$1@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:
> "Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote in message
>
>>A medium skill tutorial I put together.  Wings, not POV so far.
>>http://www21.brinkster.com/jrcsurvey/tutorials/alana/Index.html
>

>    Excellent tutorial Jim! I think you should add your recent image as
> an 'end' result though.
>
>    ~Steve~

Thanks Steve.  Actually I will probably try and follow through with the
model seen in the tutorial though.  But I agree that the tutorial pages
need a little something more to boost the impact.  I have a coupl'f ideas.

Post a reply to this message

From: St
Date: 28 May 2004 18:57:49
Message: <40b7c3ed@news.povray.org>
> St. wrote:
> > "Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote in message
> >
> >>A medium skill tutorial I put together.  Wings, not POV so far.
> >>http://www21.brinkster.com/jrcsurvey/tutorials/alana/Index.html
> >

> >    Excellent tutorial Jim! I think you should add your recent
image as
> > an 'end' result though.
> >
> >    ~Steve~
> >
> Thanks Steve.  Actually I will probably try and follow through with
the
> model seen in the tutorial though.

   Ah, I see. It's not the same model. I just *thought* it was a basic
version of the one you did... Sorry Jim.

   Why the hell don't I check these things out?!?! I'm not happy.

 But I agree that the tutorial pages
> need a little something more to boost the impact.  I have a coupl'f
ideas.

    Looking forward to it as ever.

    ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Charter
Date: 28 May 2004 20:02:37
Message: <40b7d31d$1@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:

>    Ah, I see. It's not the same model. I just *thought* it was a basic
> version of the one you did... Sorry Jim.

It is the same basic thing. Since I needed to redo the model in order to
capture the steps, I wanted to do something a little different.  So I
hunted to find a second shoe that resembled the first in the main
elements.  It was the power of the Intrude command to produce the webbed
straps, including the circuitous ankle sling, that I wanted to show.

Post a reply to this message

From: St
Date: 29 May 2004 07:14:00
Message: <40b87078@news.povray.org>
> St. wrote:
>

> >    Ah, I see. It's not the same model. I just *thought* it was a
basic
> > version of the one you did... Sorry Jim.
> >
> It is the same basic thing. Since I needed to redo the model in
order to
> capture the steps, I wanted to do something a little different.  So
> hunted to find a second shoe that resembled the first in the main
> elements.  It was the power of the Intrude command to produce the
webbed
> straps, including the circuitous ankle sling, that I wanted to show.

     Yes, I know. It's just me. I wasn't in a good mood last night - I
keep making mistakes, and added to this, I'm having a lot of trouble
with my right arm - I pulled a muscle or ripped some nerves in my
upper arm, and and now my arm is half dead from shoulder to hand. It's
been like this for the last five weeks.

   Anyway, good tutorial Jim. I've learnt a few tricks of my own, so
when I get time, I'll have a go too.

     ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Charter
Date: 29 May 2004 09:09:08
Message: <40b88b74$1@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:

> with my right arm - I pulled a muscle or ripped some nerves in my
> upper arm, and and now my arm is half dead from shoulder to hand. It's
> been like this for the last five weeks.

Five weeks!  Not only really annoying but gotta cause some worry.

Recently I smacked a fairly resistant "container" object with a
"bat-like" object,... about as hard as I am capable off.
DOI-INGINGINGINGING.  Right out of the cartoons.  Sprained my wrist
slightly.  I got off lucky, it doesn't really affect me except when
opening vacuum-locked, twist-lids on jars.  Strange.  No pain but no
strength either.

Post a reply to this message

From: Dave Matthews
Date: 31 May 2004 14:29:19
Message: <40bb797f$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter wrote:

> A medium skill tutorial I put together.  Wings, not POV so far.
> http://www21.brinkster.com/jrcsurvey/tutorials/alana/Index.html
Thanks, Jim!

I just started playing with Wings a couple of days ago, and going
through this tutorial gave me dozens of new and better ideas.  Until
now, I'd just been "doodling," and still amazing myself with the
results.  Now I'll have to try actually modeling something real.

Dave Matthews

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Charter
Date: 1 Jun 2004 11:29:25
Message: <40bca0d5$1@news.povray.org>
Dave Matthews wrote:
> Jim Charter wrote:
>
>> A medium skill tutorial I put together.  Wings, not POV so far.
>> http://www21.brinkster.com/jrcsurvey/tutorials/alana/Index.html
>
> Thanks, Jim!
>
> I just started playing with Wings a couple of days ago, and going
> through this tutorial gave me dozens of new and better ideas.  Until
> now, I'd just been "doodling," and still amazing myself with the
> results.  Now I'll have to try actually modeling something real.
>
> Dave Matthews
Cool!

Post a reply to this message

From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 1 Jun 2004 14:03:37
Message: <40bcc4f9$1@news.povray.org>
I'll add to the "thank you's" as well.  :-)

Currently, I've had very little exposure to Wings, and I haven't found it
very intuitive from the little bit that I've played around with it.  This
will help, I think.

Hopefully, I'll get some time to play around with this stuff this summer.
I've seen some of the things that others have produced with Wings and I'm
envious.  :-)

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com