POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Solar cooling? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:17:00 EDT (-0400)
  Solar cooling? (Message 21 to 30 of 71)
From: scott
Subject: Re: Solar cooling?
Date: 17 May 2010 09:45:54
Message: <4bf14892$1@news.povray.org>
>  However, the relevant thing is what happens immediately after the
> connection is made. What happens is that the voltage of the wire decreases
> very rapidly until it approaches the voltage of the ground. Thus the
> voltage difference between the two will be 40 kilovolts only for a really,
> really small amount of time.

Exactly - and if you were to plot the resistance (between you and the wire)
over time as you made the connection, you'll probably find the
transistor-based current limiting circuit can reduce the voltage faster than
you can touch the wire...

>  Thus I think I wouldn't be really wrong when I say "it's not the current
> that kills you, it's the electrical power transfer (over time)".

All the material I've read states a level of current that is dangerous, not
power.  The "power" would vary depending on how good your connection to
ground was.

As for very short pulses of dangerous current, I don't know what the outcome
would be, and don't want to try it!

Post a reply to this message