POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Solar cooling? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:23:49 EDT (-0400)
  Solar cooling? (Message 12 to 21 of 71)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Solar cooling?
Date: 17 May 2010 09:02:58
Message: <4bf13e82@news.povray.org>
>> When people ask that question the answer is generally given in
>> simplistic terms.
>
>   The most common one being "the voltage is high, but the current is low",
> which don't make sense.

Presumably they mean that the maximum current is low. If you neutralise
the difference in charge faster than the system can replace it, the
voltage *changes*. So U=RI is not violated, yet the system *does* have a
maximum currentl.

Post a reply to this message

>   The most common one being "the voltage is high, but the current is low",
> which don't make sense.
>
> --
>                                                           - Warp

It does make sense if you know that a voltage source always has a series
resistance. The series resistance of the high voltage generator is in the kilo
ohms, whereas the series resistance of a mains supply is in the single digit
ohms or below.

Post a reply to this message