POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Solar cooling? : Re: Solar cooling? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:14:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Solar cooling?
From: Warp
Date: 17 May 2010 09:11:17
Message: <4bf14075@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> >> When people ask that question the answer is generally given in
> >> simplistic terms.
> >
> >   The most common one being "the voltage is high, but the current is low",
> > which don't make sense.

> Presumably they mean that the maximum current is low. If you neutralise
> the difference in charge faster than the system can replace it, the
> voltage *changes*. So U=RI is not violated, yet the system *does* have a
> maximum currentl.

  This is exactly what I'm talking about. It's impossible to get a clear,
straight, understandable answer from anybody.

  I = U/R has no "maximum". If you increase 'U', 'I' will increase likewise,
when 'R' stays the same. The relationship is linear. There's no "maximum".
There's no point after which when you keep increasing 'U' but 'I' doesn't
increase because it has reached some magical "maximum".

  If 'U' is 1 volt, then 'I' will be 1V/R. If 'U' is one billion volts, then
'I' will be 1 billion volts / R. There is not magical "maximum".

--
                                                          - Warp