POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Solar cooling? : Re: Solar cooling? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:17:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Solar cooling?
From: Warp
Date: 17 May 2010 09:19:03
Message: <4bf14247@news.povray.org>
Aydan <hes### [at] hendrik-sachsenet> wrote:
> >   The most common one being "the voltage is high, but the current is low",
> > which don't make sense.

> It does make sense if you know that a voltage source always has a series
> resistance. The series resistance of the high voltage generator is in the kilo
> ohms, whereas the series resistance of a mains supply is in the single digit
> ohms or below.

  But the voltage difference is between the wire and the ground, and
there's nothing else between them than the body of the person touching
the wire.

  The current *is* very high. But only for a really small amount of time.
It's not the current that kills you (as the saying goes), but the power
transfer (the amount of current over time). I think the unit is Watt.

--
                                                          - Warp