POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Google Wave? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:19:48 EDT (-0400)
  Google Wave? (Message 13 to 22 of 32)
From: gregjohn
Subject: Re: Google Wave?
Date: 16 Nov 2009 19:20:01
Message: <web.4b01ec152902f1f134d207310@news.povray.org>
SharkD <mik### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> The only POV users who are actually collaborating on anything seem to be
> the developers. They probably already have a preferred means of
> communicating with each other.
>
> Mike

Not many will collaborate on a big project for fear of either disappointing or
being disappointed by someone in another time zone, who might turn out be a
Turing machine anyway.

Can Google Wave allow for an organic, stone-soup collaboration, where you can
eventually fork and drop in/out, vote people off the island,  without worrying
about meeting your buddy's expectations (as would be case in 1:1 collaboration
to meet a specific submission deadline?) People start out mindlessly throwing in
reflective spheres, and then suddenly someone divulges a really cool algo, and
suddenly you've got a macro or solved a big problem.

Post a reply to this message