POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Google Wave? : Re: Google Wave? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:19:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Google Wave?
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 20 Nov 2009 14:29:48
Message: <4b06ee2c$1@news.povray.org>
Neeum Zawan wrote:

>     The plan _is_ to release the protocol for free. Is there some
> technicality that I'm unaware of?

Ok. I'm not aware of everything, haven't had inspiration to dig through
all the docs etc. This is the first time I've heard of planning to
releasing the protocol itself, which IMO sounds good.

>>  From the moment I tried using it, I actually did have to choose the
>> recipients. I didn't find a way eg. search for a wave and join in, OTOH
>
>     Nor did you search for the POV-Ray newsgroups. You found it by going
> to the POV-Ray web site. Same thing here.

Well yes, but after adding news.povray.org to my newsreader and
subscribing to povray.binaries.images I could read also the messages
from the past. The messages which wasn't sent especially to me, since
no-one here knew I even existed. This is not possible with mailing
lists, if otherwise available archives aren't counted in.

Even today, you didn't choose me to be recipient of this message, nor
did gregjohn at the beginning of the thread (which, in my understanding,
equals a wave). Still I can see both these messages, since I've
subscribed to a group, which this thread is sent to.

From wave I've got the impression that it works like a mailing list, but
holding information of message threading.

-Aero